Add a Video Post
You can include videos as part of your membership. Videos are a great way to show off your personality and brand, and create engaging content for your members. You have three different options when creating a video post:
- Video post from Youtube or Vimeo link
- Video post from embed code
- Video post from video hosted by Payhip
We'll dive into the differences between the three below.
Video post from Youtube or Vimeo link
The Youtube or Vimeo link option lets you create a video post simply by pasting a link from your Youtube or Vimeo channel.
Video post from embed code
Your video might not be hosted on Youtube or Vimeo and that's totally fine, the embed code option might be a good fit for you. You can embed your videos from a wide range of video hosting providers which we're constantly adding to over time. Here are some of the video hosters we can support for embed codes:
Video post from video hosted by Payhip
Finally if you'd like to you can host your videos from your Payhip account itself. However this comes with a small monthly charge to help cover the cost of hosting. For more on the cost involved with Payhip Videos, please login to your Payhip account then visit this page.
Recommended Upload Settings
For entirely new videos you'd like to create for your membership, here are the recommended settings:
- MP4 containers, AAC audio codec, H264 video codec, 30 or below frames per second
- moov atom should be at the front of the file (Fast Start)
- H264 progressive scan (no interlacing)
- H264 high profile
- Closed GOP
- Content should be encoded and uploaded in the same frame rate it was recorded
- Mono or Stereo audio (Stream will mix audio tracks with more than 2 channels down to stereo)
The following are the bitrate recommendations:
Supported File Types
Compressing Your Video
We can support up to 4GB per video file you upload. However we recommend you compress your video to keep the size as small as possible, without affecting the quality. This makes the upload and download speed of your videos much faster and helps your students who are connected to a slower wifi or internet connection.
How To Add A Video Post
- Visit the manage membership posts page
- Click on the Create New Post link
- A modal will appear showing a number of different post types you can select
- Choose the Video option
- Publish the post, save it as draft or schedule the post to appear at a later time of your choosing