Add Coaching Products
It can be difficult to manage coaching with clients, however with the Payhip coaching system we make it a breeze. You can schedule meetings, setup video calls, share upcoming events and communicate with clients - all from one place.
We directly integrate with both Calendly and Zoom which are great options for scheduling and video calls - but you can also connect any other service.
After purchasing, your clients will have access to their own account where they can keep up to date with any events you have planned and stay in the loop.
Adding A Coaching Product
Step 1: Name your coaching
Visit your "Products" page and click on the "Add New Product" button. You'll see a number of options, click on the "Coaching Service" box.
The first field you'll be asked to fill out is the product name for this coaching service.
When you've chosen the product name, click on the "Next" button.
Step 2: Client intake flow
Client intake flow defines how you want your clients to get access to your coaching. Before describing what it is, lets firstly address what a "Sales Page" is. When you've added a coaching product, a sales page for that product is automatically created. It's the landing page which describes your coaching service to clients. It can include a pricing section or intake form (a form which contains your questions customers need to answer before they can enroll).
1. Directly — This is the simplest flow. Your sales page shows a pricing section which includes a number of pricing options, customers can choose one of these to be taken to checkout and complete their purchase.
2. With an intake form — Your sales page shows an intake form which clients need to fill out. When completed, the client is redirected to another page where they can choose a pricing option. When the client chooses a pricing option they are sent to checkout.
3. With an intake form and your approval — Your sales page shows an intake form which clients need to fill out. When completed, the client is shown a message explaining that their request to join your coaching service has been submitted. The client is sent an email with a copy of their intake form answers. You are sent an email notifying you of the new prospective client. From your account you can see the answers the client provided for the intake form and can approve or rejected their request. If you approve their request the client is sent an email informing them that they have been approved and are prompted to click on a button which leads them to their "Post Intake" page. The "Post Intake" page is where your clients can see a pricing section where they can choose a pricing option. When the client chooses a pricing option they are sent to checkout.
When you've chosen the client intake flow, click on the "Next" button.
Step 3: Set pricing
Now you can choose how you wish to charge you clients. From one-time purchases, subscriptions, payment plans and free pricing options. You can add as many plans as you'd like.
When you've chosen pricing, click on the "Next" button.
Step 4: Select a start date
There are two options available for the start date of your coaching service:
1. On the enrollment date — If your client enrollment process is ongoing, for example with 1:1 coaching sessions then choose this option.
2. On a fixed date — If you have recurring group classes or your coaching session has a firm start date then choose this option. You will be able to specify the date of the coaching session.
When you've chosen the start date type, click on the "Next" button.
Step 5: Add a first milestone
When your client completes checkout and enrolls with your coaching service, they will be able to login to their account. What does your client need to know in this case? You can warmly welcome them to the coaching service and make them aware of any information they need to be looped into. For example, your first milestone can link to Calendly so that they can schedule a time to meet up with you. Alternatively if you have a Zoom class, then you can provide a Zoom link and the date+time of the session so that they can take part. Calendly and Zoom are just examples, you can use any service you'd like.
Step 6: Done!
Congratulations! You've setup your first coaching product!
Managing A Coaching Product
Editing Sales Page
Even though you've added the coaching product now, you still need to customise the sales page - this page is the face of your coaching service and so needs to explain to clients why they should enroll and what they can expect.
To edit your coaching sales page, please click on the "Products" link on your header, then click on the "Manage" button listed next to your coaching product. On this page you'll see a black bar with several links shown, click on the "Pages" link. Finally under the "Sales Page" section click on the "Edit" button.
Adding A Pricing Section To Your Sales Page
By default, we add a pricing section to your sales page if you've earlier chosen the client intake flow type as "Direct". However here is how you can add a pricing section if you've changed your mind about the client intake flow your sales page should show.
From your store builder, click on the "Add section" link shown on the left hand side. A modal will appear from there click on the example section shown under the "Pricing Plans" category.
By default, the pricing shows all the pricing plans you've added for the coaching product. However if you'd like you can specify which pricing plans should be made available on the sales page by setting the "Show all pricing plans" field as "No".
Adding An Intake Form Section To Your Sales Page
Would you like to collect responses from your clients before they can purchase and enroll into your coaching service? Then adding an intake form to your sales page is the route to take.
From your store builder, click on the "Add section" link shown on the left hand side. A modal will appear from there click on the example section shown under the "Coaching Intake Form" category.
Editing Post Intake Page
Before we continue describing how you can edit the post intake page, we need a quick refresh on the terms of being used.
On your sales page, you have two options:
- Show a pricing section on the sales page which shows your pricing options to clients
- Show an intake form on the sales page which collects responses from your clients before they can purchase and enroll
The post intake page is the page that your clients are redirected to if you've chosen to show an intake form on the sales page. If you don't have an intake form on the sales page then you don't need to edit the post intake page.
To edit the post intake page, visit your manage coaching page, click on the "Pages" link and then click on the "Edit" button in the post intake page section. You'll be taken to the store builder for the post intake page and will be able to fully customise the page with a pricing section and many other types of sections like text, image, slideshow, video, etc...
Editing Checkout Page
You can customise the checkout page with your logo. For full control over the layout you can provide your own CSS to be used on the checkout page.
How do you customise the checkout page for your coaching product? You'll need to be logged into your seller account, and then visit one of your checkout pages for a coaching product. On the bottom right of the screen you'll notice a green gear icon. Click this icon to customise the page with your logo and custom CSS.
Editing Thank You Page
The thank-you page is the page that your clients are taken to after they have successfully purchased on the checkout page.
To edit the thank-you page, visit your manage coaching page, click on the "Pages" link and then click on the "Edit" button in the post intake page section. You'll be taken to the store builder for the thank-you page and will be able to fully customise the page with many types of sections like text, image, slideshow, video, etc...
It's important to note though, that the first thing a client will want to do when they've purchased is login to their account. So your thank-you page must show a prominent "Log In" button.
That was a lot of steps above wasn't it? :)
Your coaching product is now safe to share with your clients. Feel free to promote your coaching sales page on your website, blog, social media etc...
However you now need to learn how you can manage clients when they enroll into your coaching service.
Start reading this article to find out how the client management process works.